Using Update Tool
What is the Update Tool?¶
Update tool is a CLI distribution that is separate for Linux, MacOS and Windows distributions. Bringing your product up to date with the Update Tool is very easy.It is as simple as running one of the commands that matches with your Operating System.
Before you begin
- Before you run the update tool, remember to stop the product pack from running.
- If you have symbolic link(s) (also known as symlink(s)) in the product pack, back up the original file(s) as they could be modified during the update.
- The following commands should be performed in command prompt under the folder path of
- At first you may need to run the relevant update command twice. First time you execute
./wso2update_<os>updates the Update Client Tool. The subsequent
./wso2update_<os>updates the product pack.
We have compiled the Update Tool to be compatible with AMD64 (X86_64) architecture, and we have three separate binaries for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
If your runtime environment doesn't belong to any mentioned setup above, we recommend you to keep a builder machine of the above mentioned kind, run the Update Tool in the builder machine, and ship the updated packs to your runtime environment.
Update Commands for OS¶
There are myriad of features of the WSO2 Updates Tool. Following describe the features briefly:
- Update tool updates the customized product distribution while merging the configurations and customized artifacts.
- Update tool has the capability to update itself automatically. If the update tool has been self updated, command
exit code 2
- Update tool takes backups of the current pack before performing updates. These backups are used when reverting the pack to the previous state.
Watch our Webinar on Updates 2.0 to witness how you could receive updates with WSO2 Updates 2.0Top